We have an engagement party tomorrow night and being tight on $$ I made the gift. I decided on something useful, (I know, boring) but really, it is useful, I use mine all the time.
I made an oven mitt, using my pattern that you can purchase here, as well as a plastic bag holder. I haven’t written up a pattern for this because I’ve been meaning to write up a tutorial on the blog for over a year now.
And here it is.
HOW TO SEW A PLASTIC BAG HOLDER
What you will need.
- Main fabric – 1/2 meter or yard
- Contrast fabric 1/4 meter or yard
- Elastic 44cm (17 1/4″)
- Webbing tape or string or rope (scrap)
Cut your pieces
- Main – Cut 2 (two) 50cm (19 5/8″) wide x 19cm (7 1/2″) high
- Contrast – Cut 1 (one) 50cm (19 5/8″) wide x 27cm 10 5/8″) high
- Elastic – Cut 2 (two) 22cm (8 5/8″)
- Hanger – 15cm (6″) length of webbing or string or rope
And here is the set together, I think its quite lovely actually, and I think I feel the urge to make myself some more mitts as mine are wearing out and are very thin.
I do hope that if you make one for yourself that you will share a photo of it with me on my facebook group.